GET A FLU SHOT
I am going to head out to get a flu shot and encourage my household to do the same. Why a flu shot? Will that protect me from Coronavirus? No. They are different viruses so will need different vaccines. No coronavirus vaccine exists now. Here are my reasons for a flu shot:
1. Public Health folks who are thinking about this more than I can imagine are recommending it.
2. I have taken and tolerated the flu shot many times.
3. In the years since I stopped, I have gotten influenza (or an influenza-like illness) 4 times. It's miserable and memorable.
4. I expect to be needed to do my work pretty intensely if things unfold as predicted.
5. Part of my confidence that I can survive influenza is that there is a hospital nearby that can offer me supportive care if I need it. That may not be the case if there are lots of folks with COVID 19 already taking up the resources.
UPDATE: I got the flu shot. It was easy.